Do you recommend botox for over active bladder or interstitial cystitis?

Should i get botox if i have ovwr active bladder issues an interstistial cystitis?

Botox for overactive bladder

Thank you for your question jerri Bivins. Botox is a purified protein used to treat certain wrinkles on the face. The use has expanded now and it is used in other parts of the body such as in the bladder. I recommend consulting with a urologist for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox of OAB

I agree - a board-certified urologist would be best to answer you questions and take care of your condition

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bladder and Botox

You certainly can get improvement with Botox injection for this problem. See a board certified urologist who is experienced in this technique and you should do well

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox for Active Bladder or Interstitial Cystitis

This is a good question. This may be a question better suited for a Urologist. They can give you the full range of treatments for your condition. Best of luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician