What procedures would be best? (Photo)

I lost 150 pounds on my own and I now have a pouch from the creations and the major weight loss has taken a toll on my breast. I heard a fat transfer may work I'm fearful of putting something foreign in my body. I really need a full mommy make over. But it's costly will a fat transfer work for my breast? And what would be the cost of a tummy tuck, and fat transfer to my breast and booty?

About the Mommy Makeover and Costs

A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  However, many payments plans exist for cosmetic procedures. Ask your surgeon's office about finance programs and lenders they may recommend as well as personal loans available through financial institutions.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Body contouring post weight loss

Wow. Congratulations on your weight loss. Amazing. Typically, with that amount of weight, you are looking at a lot of excess skin. And the only way to correct that is with surgery -- a tummy tuck and breast lift. Without seeing you in person, impossible to say what would be best for you so I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can examine you in person and discuss the right options for you. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Nice job on the weight loss

Losing 150lbs on your own is a pretty impressive feat!

Usually, major weight loss can cause saggy skin, particularly around the mid-section. The breasts also tend to sag. Normally, these issues would be corrected with a tummy tuck and breast lift. The breast lift can be done at the same time as breast augmentation if you’d like to have larger breasts as well. Fat transfer, using your own fat, can be done to correct minor contour irregularities, however in the case of saggy skin following weight loss, this method is usually insufficient to fully address the sagging.

Mommy makeover

Congratulations on your weight loss. I think a tummy tuck is a great idea. Fat transfer to the buttock is a very common and successful procedure. Fat transfer for breast augmentation is certainly possible but much more rarely done because it is difficult to get the size that you can with a breast implant. You have one other issue that you are now so slim that you may not have enough donors sites of fat to go to both breasts and buttock. Discuss in person with a surgeon who does all these procedures. Good luck.

What an effort!

Hi Tcobb41

That's fantastic - to loose 150lbs through hard work and determination! You look great :-)

With regards to fat transfer - because you are using your own fat - there is no foreign body put into your breasts. 

Fat is removed from an area of the body where it is in excess and transferred to an area that requires restoration or augmentation, this is designed to improve volume and change proportion and in most cases offers long lasting results. Breast enlargement with fat transfer is as an alternative to implants and may be used to balance cases of asymmetrical breasts (uneven breasts) or restore contours in cases of unevenness.

However do be aware that this may require more than one procedure to get the desired result, so take this into account when doing your sums. Breast Augmentation may be a better option and will be long lasting and one price. 

All the best with your journey! 

What procedures would be best?

The operation should be tailored to your specifications and anatomy to produce a dramatic result. Seek out a plastic surgeon who has performed these combination procedures hundreds of times and has a great number of reviews and before and after pictures.

Beverly Hills, CA

Fat grafting to breast , tummy tuck and buttocks

Congratulations on your weight-loss. Fat grafting to your breast can be achieved. The volume or size typically decreases with time due to swelling and some loss of the fat graft.  Secondly, to achieve the volume that most women desire fat grafting would require multiple procedures. Implants do provide some form of consistent long-term volume. Fat grafting to your buttocks is fairly standard procedure that can be performed based on your expectations. 

What to do?

Hello dear, thanks for your question. Based on your pictures I recommend to combine liposuction and tummy tuck. The combination of a liposuction with the a traditional tummy tuck has become a very common procedure. It is safe to combine the two procedures mainly to address the hip and flank areas. This is a very effective way to extenuate the contour of the waist along with the abdominoplasty. It is also important to realize that there is usually a limit on how much fat can be remove in a combined procedure.

About your breast, I do not recommend fat transfer to breasts because there are many studies that state, fat transfer to breasts can cause cancer in the future, I suggest breast augmentation with implants to increase the size of your breasts

Patient should have consultations with a Plastic Surgeon that is board certified and discuss this combination and have their questions answered by a well trained professional. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

What procedures would be best?

Thank you for your question and photographs and congratulations on your amazing weight loss.  The best recommendation would be to see a series of board certified plastic surgeons in consultation to have the best treatment options discussed.  An in-person evaluation is essential to identify and discuss your concerns, as well as your desired outcome.  I am attaching a link below that should help you find surgeons in your area.  Hope that this helps. 

Weight Loss and Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question and congratulations on such an accomplishment! Losing so much weight is great feat!  In terms of rejuvenating your body, based on your history, a fully abdominoplasty and breast lift with likely implants to replace the lot volume is what would be needed.  Fat transfer is unpredictable and can be used to replace smaller volumes.  Large volume replacement that is typically needed after weight loss, or for augmentation purposes are best treated with breast implants- either saline or silicon. I recommend speaking with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss what would be best for you.  All the best

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon