How does my nose look for 5 months post revision rhinoplasty? Is this the final result? (photos)

I had revision rhinoplasty about 5 months ago because I felt the bones at the top sides of my nose were too prominent & my tip was not raised enough. My doctor said he raised my tip & shaved the bone down, but the top area of my nose is still big, I do not notice much of a difference. And my tip seems so big and not really lifted. My nose also has absolutely no definition. The bridge is so wide. When I tape at night, it looks AMAZING when I wake up. Are these my results? Why does it look worse?

Shape of nose 5 months after surgery.

It takes about a year for the tip swelling to subside after surgery. The area you are referring to should be examined by your surgeon. If it is firm there is a possibility that the bone might have moved if it was fractured at the time of surgery. There are no pre-op photos for comparison.

Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

Shape of nose 5 months after surgery.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

You likely have swelling as it can take a year or longer to settle down.  Best of luck and please be patient.

Swelling

You appear to have a pleasing nasal appearance five months following revision rhinoplasty.

Based on your description of an improved appearance after using tape, you are probably still experiencing swelling less than six months after your revision surgery. As mentioned above, you're up close photos look acceptable.  Hope this helps! Dr. Joseph.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon