Do my male breasts look abnormally big for me? (Photo)

i am a younger male. Even when i have lost alot of weight they are still very big. i am pretty overweight now at 200 lbs and 5'8. but are they abnormally big? does it look like i have high estrogen or look like i will develop breast cance? have you ever seen a male with breasts that look like this doctors? i do have low testosterone ive been diagnosed with that THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS!!!!

Doctor Answers 8

Determining If You Have Gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

Do my male breasts look abnormally big for me?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hy... thank you for the question and photos... yes you do have some degree of gynecomastia, this could be for many reasons, but this could be treated with liposuction... 

Luis A. Mejia, MD
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 81 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question

It does look like you have Gynecomastia. The first step that would benefit you significantly would be weight loss. If you can't do that then the shape of your chest would look much better with a traditional Gynecomastia surgery. Please make sure you pick someone with lots of experience.

You do appear to have moderate gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Gynecomastia is a common condition. Without other endocrine problems, hormonal evaluation is not necessary. The surgical correction is mostly liposuction with a small glandular excision. When done by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, your chest will have enough residual fatty tissue to respond normally to weight gains and losses while being rid of the gynecomastia.

Dr Kayser

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. It appears that you have a breast that would benefit from liposuction. However, as I express to all my patients, your ideal results occur near your ideal body weight. I do recommend weight loss if this is possible and, as expressed below, seek medical attention to rule out any other issues that may be present that are contributing to your current condition. Of course, I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. I hope this helps and have a great day. Dr Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Ideal Time and Type of Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello. YES, I agree that your breasts are larger than average for a male patient. The first step for an integral treatment would be to loose weight. This may improve metabolic conditions as well. Once the weight is lost, volume may also go away. At that time, we would need to evaluate if there is redundant skin, because in extreme weight loss patients, skin removal procedures for treatment of Gynecomastia are necessary. 

Breast Cancer is extremely rare in males, but an annual physical with your physician is important to screen for this pathology. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Male Breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your picture.  We see patient with similar presentation to yours all the time.  You should start by seeing your primary care MD for hormone levels and physical exam to rule out any masses. If all checks out then you can see a plastic surgeon for liposuction to contour your chest.  Remember you must keep your weight stable for the best long-term results.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the photos.  You have some element of gynecomastia.  Weight loss and/or liposuction  would help reduce the fat component.  Surgery may be necessary to remove any visible breast component.  In my experience, liposuction alone doesn't cut it.  Pun intended.

Tim Neavin, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 53 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.