Juvederm and ThermiSmooth?

I am thinking about getting Thermismooth for under the eyes to tighten and I would like to know if it will have any affect on juvederm in the eye troughs that I had done 18 months ago. What is the cost of Thermismooth in Michigan and what are the long term side effects and is there any down time.

Thermi Smooth after filler placed under your eyes

I would wait 2 weeks after your filler has been placed in your tear troughs before having ThermiSmooth. The filler should be placed deep under the muscle and should not be affected by the ThermiSmooth.

Westborough Ophthalmologist

Juvederm and ThermiSmooth?

We see patients like this all of the time and have not had any problems with early resorption of the Juvederm.  

Given the superficial depth of absorption of the heat energy, you should be fine.

Look for a nationally certified ThermiRF physician before proceeding.  As a national trainer myself, I can tell you that the device is only as good as the person operating it!

I hope that helps!

ThermiSmooth for eyelid tightening is commonly done with fillers for tear troughs in my NYC practice

Usually the fillers that are used to improve tear troughs are injected below the muscle and the ThermiSmooth energy will not penetrate to that level. It is common to have a hyaluronic acid filler placed in the plane above the bone underneath the eye and then perform a series of biweekly ThermiSmooth treatments.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Thermismooth

It is perfectly OK to have Thermismooth around your eyes at this time. It will have no negative effect on the Juvederm . It is one of the most common treatments we perform in our office.

Ahmet R. Karaca, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

ThermiSmooth and Fillers

Thermi doesn't harm fillers if anything it helps sculptra produce more collagen.  I suggest you see an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

ThermiSmooth under the eyes

Thank you for your question. There is absolutely no downtime and you shouldn't experience any adverse effects if you go to an expert Thermi doctor. Please check out the Thermi website to locate a doctor in Michigan closest to you. Costs vary (around 1,500 in my area) and there's absolutely no downtime. You may experience a little bit of redness upon treatment - this is from the heat that is topically applied to your skin. This goes away within a couple hours after treatment at most. Hope this helps, good luck!

Brian M. Kinney, MD, FACS

Juvederm After ThermiSmooth

After 18 months most, if not all, of the Juvederm would have naturally dissolved. It is ok to get ThermiSmooth. The treatment is extremely safe in experienced hands and without downtime. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon