Will my insurance cover this procedure? (Photo)

My Family Doctor cleared me for a medical thigh lift due to two total knee replacements on both left and right legs and a large amt. of weight lost with the loose skin and saddle bags.

Will my insurance cover this procedure?

Unfortunately, insurance companies do not cover cosmetic procedures. In over 16 years, I have never been able to successfully get a thigh lift covered by insurance.

Will my insurance cover a thigh lift?

Thank you for your question.  Insurance companies do not typically cover a thigh lift as this is typically considered a cosmetic procedure.  I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Insurance for a Thigh Lift

It would be very unlikely that an insurance company would clear you for a thigh lift.  If you were having frequent rashes/infections/sores in the area then it's possible.  I would contact your insurance company and see if it's a covered benefit.  If it is, consult with a plastic surgeon in your network to discuss your options.  Either way, congratulations on your weight loss!

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon