What can I do to improve my profile? I may need a rhinoplasty to correct an injury. (photos)

I worry about my nose being worse after. Chin implant, lip fillers or rhinoplasty?

Nose?

Your nose looks nice from the profile. I probably would not recommend anything to improve it unless you have specific  goals you are interested achieving.

What can I do to improve my profile? I may need a rhinoplasty to correct an injury.

Every face and every nose are different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from spreader grafts to help straighten your nose.  Liposuction under your chin may help improve your profile.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Improving the profile

You have very pretty features. Your nose is slightly deviated to your right and would benefit from straightening and minimal tip rotation (up). To improve your profile removal of a small amount of fatty tissues from beneath the chin would be beneficial (submental lipectomy).

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon