I am a femel and would like to try platelet rich plasma

I have scarring alopecia and was wondering would it work and is PRP like Rogain where I would have to continue to get injections in order to retain hair growth, or if I stop getting PRP will the hair fall out. I am trying to figure out if I get PRP and my hair grown do I have to continue longterm with the injections or can I stop.

PRP and Hair and Women

PRP is a highly effective way to maintain hair growth without the need for oral treatments.  Please consult a hair growth expert for a consultation.  There can be many reasons for hair loss in women and a full physical and work up is needed.  Best, Dr. Green

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

PRP works great for early hair loss along with other non invasive options.  Please see a hair loss physician.  Alopecia areata or scarring aloepcias don't respond to this treatment however.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scarring Alopecia. PRP? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, you should be evaluated by a hair loss expert. They will perform a good history, magnification exam, possibly blood work and probably a biopsy. If you have scarring Alopecia, PRP may not be helpful. Should you be a candidate for PRP , you  will need to continue it on a maintenance basis. The duration of your scarring Alopecia is important in the prognosis. Find someone who has experience in treating Alopecia with PRP and can give you a diagnosis . Work with the hair expert on a treatment plan. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon