I got my B.A 13 days ago. Day 12 the outside of my left breast has sharp sporadic pain but feels numb to the touch.

I was a 36A and went with 375cc silicone under the muscle. No bruising or swelling just pain and numb I was worried so I went in immediately and my ps said things look and feel good. They are both same size and soft. He did however say that he feels what is a small pocket of blood and prescribed me zafirlukast. He said something about precaution to avoid infection and hematoma and capsular contraction I believe.

Uncertain

At 12-13 days after a breast augmentation pain and numbness are not uncommon.  I would trust your plastic surgeon and follow their recommendations at this point.  They will be able to help you more than the rest of us because they are able to see you and examine you. However, I would consider the possibility that you might be having some spasm of the muscle on the left side.  Ask your PS about some short term use of Valium and if they think it would help.  Best of luck.

Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

I am not sure what your question is? You should follow your surgeons recommendations. Good luck.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Sharp sporadic pain

Hi, kelendria.  From your description, it sounds like you have a nerve pain.  Shooting, sharp sporadic pain is not uncommon after breast augmentation.  It may last couple months to years.  Given your pocket of blood (hematoma), please follow up with your plastic surgeon closely.  Best wishes.

Breast Implant Recovery and Results

Thank you for your question about breast implants. Pictures might be helpful.

For a question like this, I recommend you stay in contact with your board certified plastic surgeon and follow all instructions that he or she provides you.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

12 days post

Some numbness can occur and often this gets better with time. If you have pain and there was concern for blood in the pocket, then you need to be evaluated.  

Numbness after breast augmentation

Although concerning to patients some change (numb or extra sensitive) is normal after augmentation and is rarely permanent. It can, however, take 12-18 months or even up to 2 years in broader patients to fully recover. The use of leukotriene inhibitors to reduce contracture has decent literature support and is an off label use for hat class of allergy medicine, that I will offer any of my patients who develop mild contracture. It's use in preventing contracture from hematoma is not well documented. I tend to be aggressive in washing out hematomas as they elevate infection and contracture risk and since I have my own OR the cost is comparable to and ultrasound which is only diagnostic and not therapeutic. Ultimately that's a nusciance to have a second surgery but your results are the only thing that matters long term. Rediscuss your concerns and your surgeon knows best what has worked for him/her in the past. Best of luck.