I am 25, 5'2in 230 lb. Am I a good candidate for BBL? If not, what do you recommend? Thank you in advance! (Photos)

I have become obsessed with my ideal body and want surgery ASAP. I would like to let you know that I think I have good skin considering what it does when I lose weight; tighten. I'm just never consistent enough to see full results I never appear to myself or others the weight of the scale I believe that this is because of the way my weight is proportioned. I am VERY curvy but it's hidden by unwanted fat I am not solid build but rather softer allowing me to camouflage a lot; which I'm fed up with

Brazilian butt lift and the issue of weight

Plastic surgery is not a quick fix solution.  First and foremost, you should be near your ideal weight or within a healthy BMI range.  This requirement is particularly critical in Brazilian butt lift or any other form of body contouring surgery. 

Take note that large weight fluctuations can erase or further accentuate the results (backside hugely disproportionate to the rest of the body).  It is really hard to predict if you have not reached your ideal weight and has been able to maintain it for a minimum of six months. 

For photo reference, please visit the attached link. 

Good luck and best wishes. 

Thank you for your question and photos. There is no concern with whether you can have a BBL surgery, based only on your photos and without a physical and history available. Looking through your photos, I believe there can be a lot of change made with liposuction of the abdomen, waist and hips area. Since you are naturally curvy, there may only need to be some fat injected to areas of the buttocks to help with some of the gaps in your curve line. With that being said, I feel strongly that decreasing your middle significantly will amplify your natural curves. I do see that you may have some loose skin after this surgery, but that can be something to keep an eye on until at least six month post lipo with fat transfer. I do this often in my practice and often patients are so pleased with their new shape, tummy tuck surgery to remove loose skin becomes a back burner issue.

Always seek the advice from a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

BBL

I think that your BMI is too high, and you are probably a better candidate if you lose weight. Best of luck.

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Firstly, i recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results and minimize your risk of running into any complications during surgery or post-operatively. Your BMI is 42 which is considered obese so I would continue to lose the weight until you are in a healthy BMI range and therefore, can achieve optimal results. Based on your photos and cosmetic goals though, I think you would benefit from a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty and Brazilian butt lift once you have reached your goal weight. A Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty is the combination of liposuction and a traditional tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck I tighten the diastasis rectus muscle which brings in the waist then I cut out the excess skin to achieve overall, a smaller waist with a nice flat abdomen and a thin scar hidden below the bikini line. Then the use of liposuction will help remove any excess fat deposits along with creating a nice, smooth silhouette. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting/applying pressure on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery. It would be best for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and determine whether you are a good candidate for these procedures. 
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.