Beside a harder recovery, are there any other concerns with having a tummy tuck and BBL performed together?

I'm soon to have this procedure done. I asked a previous question in concern with my surgeons doing the tummy tuck first verses the bbl first in the order of procedures while in the OR. With the answers I got, it left me with this question.

Tummy Tuck and BBL combo.

Some doctors will have you lay on your tummy after BBL avoiding pressure on the area where the fats grafts are placed.

In my practice we do combine them for appropriate candidates. The lower abdomen which will be discarded in tummy tuck is a good source of fat for the bbl. Why waste it?  Fat from the frontal and posterior flanks is used as well. I ask my patient to put a cushion under their thighs to keep pressure off the butttocks post operatively.

Hope this helps. BBL faq are included below.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Greetings

Thank you for your question.  It is really important to decrease the operation duration to give less anesthesia to the patient yielding a better postoperative period to the patient. You will be advised not to eat 6 hours before the surgery and that is all! You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery. You will receive a sedation in order to reduce the preoperative anxiety and fell yourself more comfortable.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

BBl and tummy tuck

I prefer to stage the two so that I can harvest as much fat as possible from the abdominal flap. Best of luck.