Is it gynecomastia that I have? (Photo)

I'm a 20 yo male, fit and healthy. Since high school, my nipples have been very puffy unless stimuled or in cold weathers. It has gotten to the point where I can't comfortably wear a tshirt or be shirtless.

Is it gynecomastia that I have

I do believe you have bilateral gynecomastia and a small surgery to remove the gland will get you looking flatter in that area

Do you have gynecomastia?

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Treating Puffy Nipples

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.
As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition.
Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Is it gynecomastia that I have?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Gynecomastia is best treated with surgery where I remove the gland as well as treat with liposuction.  Always be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon!  Best of luck to you.

Chad Robbins, MD

Is it gynecomastia that I have?

Even patients who are in good physique can have a mild form of gynecomastia. The treatment of choice is surgery. Please see my latest publication on the topic. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Is it gynecomastia that I have?

Based on the photograph, your concerns seem understandable. I have found that gynecomastia, is often best treated with partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area. If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue only, then liposuction surgery alone may suffice.   It is very important to make an accurate diagnosis, in order to tailor the correct operation to achieve the patient's goals.  Doing so will help avoid postoperative disappointment and the need for additional treatment. Best wishes.

Is it gynecomastia?

Hello detroiter 1yes it looks like you have some glandular tissue behind the nipples. breast tissue is very well vascularised (rich in blood vessel). when is cold the vasoconstriction cause the blood to escape and nipples and areola look "normal", the opposite happen when is cold.In small cases like yours results of surgery are very good  with minimal scarring so if it really bothers you surgery is an option to be considered.good luckMr Netri

Giorgio Netri, MBBS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Yes you do

Based on these photos I would say you have an early stage Gynecomastia but an in person exam would be needed.  This is very treatable but you need to see a plastic surgeon to help you with this problem. 
"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Gynecomastia

Gynecomastia is derived from the Greek terms gyno which means feminine and mastos for breasts. So any breast which appear feminine would be considered gynecomastia. You have a mild case of gynecomastia

Gynecomastia

From your photographs, it would appear to me that you have a very small amount of retro areaolar breast tissue causing this "puffiness" that you see. A very small gynecomastia procedure with a small incision around the bottom of the areola can easily remove this small amount of gland. I would recommend that you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your region for consultation. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS