How much fat would I need for a BBL in each cheek and am I candidate? (Photo)

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thanks for your question.  It's a little tough to answer, though.  How much fat you need depends on what your goals are.  How big do you want your butt to be?  It is very difficult to assess your fat stores based on one photo of your buttocks only.  I commonly harvest fat from the abdomen and love handles and I can't see those areas on your photo.

How much fat injection for the buttocks (BBL)

Hi There,

Thank you for your question. Deciding the correct amount of volume could be hard. It depends on the donor areas ( ie- the areas where you want to gather the fat from, through liposuction), if I can get 500 ml in each buttock cheek, it would be great to give you a lift and curve (roundness). 

Mansour Bendago, FRCSC

BBL Candidate?

Its really hard to tell from the one photo you have posted if you may be a candidate for the BBL procedure.  A physical exam is really needed to make any recommendations. The amount of volume that can be added to your buttock will be limited by the amount of excess fat you have in your donor sites. The posterior flanks are a great reservoir of donor fat for the BBL procedure. The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Fat grafting to the buttocks is about shaping and contour. This involves not only transfer of fat to enhance the shape and size of the buttocks but also to contour the surrounding areas from which the fat is usually taken to increase the more voluptuous shape that patients desire. Indeed, liposuction alone to the surrounding areas would make your buttocks appear larger even if you never added any fat to that region. Specifics and size, of course, can be discussed with a full consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr Kayser - st. Clair Shores.

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

How much fat would I need for a BBL in each cheek and am I candidate?

Hi... thank you for the question and photo... The amount of fat will depend on The fat donor sites, the Blood test values, the physical evaluation on the buttock area, etc... you can really improve the shape and size of your buttock area with this procedure and have a great hourglass figure.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Am I a candidate for BBL?

Hello jannellez,

Thank you for your question and sharing your photo.  If you are healthy and have adequate amount of donor sites (areas that can be liposuctioned to get fat) then you may be a candidate for a brazilian buttock lift.  In order to improve the appearance of your buttock a combination of contouring and volume enhancement will give you the best result.  By liposuctioning fat from surrounding areas alone,  you can beautifully improve the contour of the buttock, and the fat transfer will improve the projection.  I would recommend meeting with a plastic surgeon to be evaluated for this procedure.  The exact volume is less important than your desired goals.

Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

BBL

I think that you have to be seen in person to determine if you have enough donor sites, and also what exactly your goal is.

Brazilian buttock lift

Remove all the fat available and hope to get about 800 cc for each buttock to reshape and enhance the buttocks

Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift?

Fat transfer to improve the appearance of the buttocks is rapidly gaining popularity.  The appearance of the buttocks is not just about the volume of each cheek.  It is about the shape.  And the shape and appearance is dependent on the surrounding areas as well such as the hips, the back, the inner and outer thighs, etc.  Liposuction in one area and transfer to another can greatly alter the appearance without really requiring a lot of volume.  
My recommendation would be to visit with a plastic surgeon and let them listen to your goals and help develop an operative plan that can help you achieve your goals.  Good luck!

For more information on buttock reshaping, please visit the link below.  

W. Bryant Walker, MD
Jackson Physician

BBL CANDIDATE

Dear patient,
Fat grafting in your buttocks, will depend on how much you want.
In the BBL, not only the amount of fat works. It is also important round shape, and the (high) projection of the buttocks.
Of course you're a good candidate.

Shailyn Marmol, MD