Aside from a face lift, what is the best procedure or filler in lifting the jowl area? (photos)

I am a 58 year old female and am satisfied so far with Botox in the forehead area, Juvaderm Voluma in the cheeks, but have developed significant sagging jowls. One opinion was that surgery was the only remedy. Another physician suggested a procedure that seemed questionable. Additionally, one side of my lip has become asymmetrical as I have aged. Not sure if this an overlapping or separate issue. Is there a particular filler that can be injected in such a way to minimize this problem?

Lower face treatment options

There are several options for treating the lower face from a combination of Botox and fillers to tightening devices such as Ultherapy, Thermitight, and Syneron Profound.  New procedures are minimally invasive but have the potential to lead to greater improvements over the non invasive procedures.  FIllers can include hyaluronic acid fillers such as voluma to fillers like sculptra which work gradually over time to give a more rejuvenated appearance

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Jaw line

thanks for your question. I use fillers to treat jaw line and lower face . fillers for this area should have high viscosity and elasticity . 

products like Juvederm ultra plus , volift , Emervel volume are good options. But I recommend to consult with an expert physician first as you might get more benefit with a combination of filler , thread lift and RF . 

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician

Lower Face "sagging"/ laxity

Thanks for your question. You would be an excellent candidate for lower face Ultherapy, perhaps followed by Pelleve for maintenance. Pelleve will not lift the way Ultherapy can, but helps with surface tightening and is not uncomfortable. Another option would be thread lifting with PDO threads- very popular in Europe but just starting to take off in the U. S.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician