Dents in cleavage... So disappointed. (photos)

During one of my previous posts a PS suggested that maybe my implants are too close to the midline, does that look like the case in these photos?? Also what are the chances of these dents getting worse and turning into something like Tori Spelling has? I went to a board certified surgeon in Toronto, Ontario who has a good reputation i do not understand how this happened. Is this something with his technique or is this a common complication that can happen to anyone? Thank you

Dent issue

This may be the result of having very thin tissues in the area. Fat grafting may improve this. They do not look too close.

Midline Ripple

It appears that you have a slight visible ripple- when in certain positions. This can appear sometimes when women lose weight, breast tissue becomes thinner, stretched and more commonly with Saline implants.

Otherwise you appear to have a good result.

All the best

Dents in cleavage after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. It is very important to follow up with your primary surgeon with any concerns. With your arms at rest, it appears your implants have excellent medial cleavage which many patients desire and are unable to obtain due to their anatomy. When any patient places their hands together which you are doing in the third photograph, the implants will obviously touch in the midline. I think you have an excellent postoperative result. Best wishes in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS, member ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Dents in cleavage and so disappointed

I believe that I see the rippling or fold flawing that you see as dimples in your Left side. This is not particularly seen on your right. In general, you look to have an excellent result that most patients would be happy with. It does not look to me that you have your implants too close to the midline. This can simply be an internal fold in the bag (implant) that is seen through thin skin. Using a more "gummy" aka cohesive implant might help, or placing some fat via lipotransfer might be able to reduce this. I am not at all critical of your surgeon or your result, and offer you the assurance that you really look great as you are.

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon