Would dental bonding be right for me? I don't want veneers because I'm only 19 but I hate these pointy teeth. (photo)

Could I achieve this look?

Bonding or veneers ... #DrSarahThompson

Bonding would be okay, but bonding is not very durable and stains very easily.  If you get bonding, you will pay 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of porcelain veneers, but you will likely have to have the bonding redone many times over the next 5-10 years.  Bonding is known to fracture at some of the most embarrassing times.  I would recommend a couple veneers for you.  They would last 20-30 years before needing to be redone and they would be stain resistant and very durable.  I know you are set on getting bonding, but your age does not prohibit or discourage veneers, you are old enough.  I hope this helps.  Just click save below my name in order to ask me more questions down the road.  

Bonding vs Lumineers

You are a perfect candidate for Lumineers. At your age and the presentation of your teeth, this would be the best option. You MUST however find an experienced Lumineer dentist. Lumineers are much more difficult than veneers but so worth it when done properly!  Bondings are less expensive and will look good temporarily but are less expensive for a reason. 

Stacey Layman, DDS
Glendale Dentist

Dental bonding

Both are a good option to solve your problem. Dental bonding is an excellent option, just try to find an sthetic dentistry with experience and you will be happy with your smile..

Yocasta Caba, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist

Would dental bonding be right for me?

You could get an amazing result with dental bonding if done by an experienced and artistic cosmetic dentist.  At your age, bonding would be a great choice.

Dental Bonding

You definitely can change the look of your pointy teeth with bonding. The process, however, might not be able to close the spaces you have without making the front teeth look too wide. If you are ok with the spaces and all you would like is to fix the pointy teeth, bonding would work. If you want all the spacing addressed, your dentist would need to evaluate the spacing by using wax on casts of your teeth to determine the final outcome, or by a virtual method.

Either bonding or veneers would work to improve the appearance of your peg laterals. I suggest making sure that these teeth are stable and have enough root structure to support a long lasting restoration. If not you may need to consider other alternatives such as implants.

You should get crowns

Veneers will not hold and the bonding will not last long.  Bonding is meant for small areas.  The larger it is the less likely it is to last.  Crowns surround the whole tooth and have much better retention.

Joseph Proscia, DDS
Bonita Springs Dentist

Veneers would be the best treatment here.  If you want to go conservative, add some bonding to your upper lateral teeth for the time being and then when you are ready see a cosmetic dentist and do the veneers (possibly combined with some orthodontic work to close spaces and correct crossbite)

Joel Klasfeld, DDS
New York Dentist