Is this dent and shape normal? One week post op (Photo)

I know breasts change shape a lot over the next 6 months, but the dent and shape of my right breast worries me. I went for postop and got bandages off- had an allergic reaction to tape so they just covered incisions with some other stuff and just kept me in post surgical bra for the next two days. My bra is very loose. Hoping that is not the cause of losing shape. I didn't notice the dent till later. I go back tomorrow to get drains out. They are putting me in a different bra then as well.

Way Too Soon

Dear dianna3930,

Patience, patience, patience.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Dents in breast?

Very difficult from your photos to see if there is a dent or not! One thing is for sure ...you are at a very post operative stage and no real comment can be made about the final size and shape. please ask your surgeon to see what sort of bra he prefers for his patients. Happy recovery!

Mo Akhavani, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Dents in breast?

While I do not see an "obvious dent" sometimes the tension of sutures will cause a small indentation in the post operative period.  This will usually dissipate on its own in a few weeks. As far as questions as types of bras that is something that may be different for each plastic surgeon.  Your operating surgeon will be your best resource. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS