What can be done to correct asymmetry of lips? (Photo)

I feel as though my bottom lip looks like its more full on one side than the other. I would like my smile to appear symmetrical. What are my options? Thanks!

Correcting Lip Asymmetry

One of the best ways to correct lip asymmetries is through placement of product.  Products like Juvederm and Restylane can be used to rejuvenate and also correct facial asymmetries.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with facial cosmetic injections. 

Lip asymmetry

Thank you for your question. First of all, your lips have nice shape and fullness, but careful augmentation with a filler like Restylane or Restylane Silk or Juvederm can give you an even and natural appearance.  Good luck, Dr. Bublik.

Michael Bublik, MD

Correct lip asymmetry with fillers

This can be improved using lip fillers. It requires an experienced injector. I like Restylane Silk for this because fine tuning is possible in a superficial plane is easier.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Augmentation

It is important to mention that your lips look great. They have all the defining characteristics of a natural and aesthetically pleasing lip or mouth shape.  But if you feel that your lips are a slightly uneven it may be worth having a consultation with an experienced board-certified facial plastic surgeon or a board-certified dermatologist or general plastic surgeon to discuss non-surgical lip augmentation.  Non-surgical lip augmentation can be achieved with dermal fillers such as Juvederm. 

William Numa, MD, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip asymmetry

Some lip asymmetry is normal.  If you want a bit more fullness, then filler to the one side may be beneficial.

Treatment for lip asymmetry

Hello kris03,

Looking at your photos your right lower lip appears less full than the left lower lip.  I would recommend you try one of the temporary hyaluronic acid based fillers to see if this creates the result you are going for.  If you do like the result there are more permanent options available but they are more invasive and involve surgery. 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Lower Lip

You have less vermilion fullness on your right lower lip than the left. Adding volume would be then preferred approach. I would first try an injectable filler and see how that looks both at rest and then smiling. If that is successful you can then move on to potentially more permanent approaches such as fat grafting or an internal mucosal V-Y advancement on that side. (which would be my preferred approach)

Lip asymmetry

Kris
Your photos demonstrate quite attractive lips with slight asymmetry of the lower lip, more noticeable when smiling. If it really bothers you, the asymmetry can be corrected with injectibles, like Juvederm Ultra plus. To be honest, do nothing, as I doubt most people even notice the slight asymmetry. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD