If you are considered overweight, will they ask you to lose weight before BBL? (Photo)

I am 5'8 and 240lbs, but I carry ALL of my weight in my waist. Long arms and legs, flat ass, but big stomach. Will they encourage me to lose weight before a BBL procedure or am I a good candidate?

Weight loss before BBL

Different doctors will have different views and parameters of what's appropriate. As a general statement patients should get to as close to their ideal way to has possible before having elective surgery. Being overweight puts people at high risk for complications and changes indications and outcomes of surgery. Being at closer to an ideal weight usually leads people to better as thetic outcomes, Increased safety and more options. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon