Should I be concerned about this lumpiness in my abdomen from liposuction? (Photo)

This is what my stomach looks like when I stretch my arms above my head. I am just over 4 weeks post-op...am I developing fibrosis?

Lumpiness after liposuction

Thank you for your question. Lumpiness can happen to a certain degree after Lipo. This is more than normal what I see. May be adding lymphatic massage and venus radio frequency may help. Please talk to your PS

Liposuction After care includes RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra) Cellutone/zwave, hyperbaric oxygen

Some lumpiness and swelling are normal after liposuction and can last 3-6 months after your procedure. I recommend following up with your Dr. for a formal evaluation. I also recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen and lymphatic massage along with your compression to help decrease swelling.  Also, to improve results I suggest adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the appearance of cellulite.  you likely will need however a tummy tuck to remove / release all the scar you currently have.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lumpiness

Some lumps can occur several weeks after liposuction when the swelling starts to subside and the tissue underneath the skin continues to heal.  This often improves with time.  Massage can help to speed the smoothing process in some people.  I recommend asking your surgeon what they recommend in your situation.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Stomach lumpiness four weeks after liposuction?

Speaking generally it is very common for temporary lumps to appear at about this time as the "soft" swelling resolves allowing the deeper more visible bruises to be felt and seen.  I recommend that my patients be patient and also massage the area.  Without seeing your preoperative photographs and knowing the procedure it is hard to give you specific advice beyond that.  Make sure that you follow up with your plastic surgeon to make sure that he/she assesses your healing quality.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD