Will I be able to achieve this shape without an implant? (photos)

I am interested in opinions regarding a life and the shape after the lift. I do want some upper pole firmness, but I am wondering if it can be done without an implant. I am no opposed to implants but I am currently a 38 D and do not want to go bigger... I am 41 and have had three children and breast fed each for 6 months. The first photos are mine and the following are the shape I wish to achieve. Any suggestions are welcome ... Thank you for sharing your expertise

Upper pole fullness without implants??

The answer is yes; you can achieve upper pole fullness without the risks/complications and maintenance associated with breast implants. The Ultimate Breast Lift technique reshapes and re-positions the breast high on the chest wall using your own tissues to provide long term results and minimal scarring. Please view the video attached to see an example of what can now be achieved with current methods in breast lifting surgery. I hope this helps. Best wishes and kind regards, 

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos alone, it is possible to obtain the desired breast shape you are looking for. A breast lift will maintain the cup that you currently have and elevated the nipple areolar complex. you will need a full wise pattern lift in order to obtain the results .

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Will I be able to achieve this shape without an implant

I think you can achieve a look similar to the first photo of your desired appearances, but it will last a year or two at most. After that the skin on the bottom part of the breast stretches and you will start to sag once again. Placing an implant will give you upper pole fullness but will not stop the descent of your own breast tissue over time.

Julio Garcia, MD

Can i achieve this shape without an implant?

Thank you for your question. You would definitely benefit from a breast lift, which reduces the skin envelope while reshaping the breast tissue into a more youthful and perky shape.  Sometimes implants can also be added for more volume, In your case, because you´re happy with the size then an implant is not nescesary. You can achieve great results form a breast lift, the key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in this area. Don´t settle for less!  

Do I need an implant and lift

Thanks for your question. From the photographs you've submitted, you certainly can have just a lift without an implant. The size of your breast will be exactly the same just in a higher position on the chest wall. There seems to be a fair amount of breast and therefore an implant may not be necessary to give the breast a rounded appearance. Should you want to be larger, or more projecting from the side view, then a small implant will maintain the upper portion of the breast better than the breast tissue alone. Hope this is helpful.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Will I be able to achieve this shape without an implant?

Thank you for your question.  We have plenty of breast tissue and should be able to achieve a very nice result with only a breast lift.  Upper pole fullness is rarely permanent even with breast implants.   Gravity always pulls the breast gland down into the lower pole of the breast.

Breast lift

The breast lift will raise the position of the nipple on the breast.  You will maintain a naturally sloped breast, but it will not give you upper pole fullness.  For that you will need an implant.  I encourage you to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can give you more information on the outcomes you can expect and how that matches with your surgical goals.

Camille Cash, MD

Shape without an implant

Thank you for your questions and photographs.  You are an excellent candidate for a breast lift to achieve an improved shape without increasing your cup size.  Keep in mind that a lift alone will not give upper pole firmness. Best of luck. 

Breast lift

It is possible to get a similar shape with a lift.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.  Good luck.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. As noted in my answer to your other question, a breast lift will give you an excellent result. With regard to the use of an implant, this will necessarily, without question, increase your cup size unless a breast reduction is performed at the same time. If you currently like your cup size, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, under any circumstances, to remove breast tissue and then put a foreign object that will necessarily, at some point in your life, have to be removed for one reason or another. Although implants are great devices, if you have adequate breast tissue, use it to your benefit. Breast lift procedures reposition the breast and allow shaping to occur in order to allow a more youthful appearance. More current techniques also allow shorter scars with better shaping than the traditional wise pattern or anchor scar approaches. Please feel free to view the associated video and the galleries that are attached. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon