1 year after Voluma disaster and still Lurch lines. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them? Laser? Fat transfer? (Photo)

year ago a surgeon injected voluma in my tear throughs. I had two black eyes after for weeks. later Hawk very hard lump developed and lodged on my cheekbone. I had it dissolved. I have used bleaching cream, and have had a few glycolic peels. my question is : Is there anything i can do to get rid of the dark lurch lines that are still on my skin? Laser? Fat transfer? I was told that this didn't work I would look the same. A year later I still look worse then before!

Doctor Answers 4

Dissolve more

Voluma is not the best product for the tear troughs.  Have your practitioner inject the enzyme to dissolve more of the product.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Voluma in Tear Troughs

I agree with the prior answer about the use of Voluma in tear troughs.
I would start with the doctor who injected and if you are unhappy with the response or results, seek a second opinion. 

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist
4.9 out of 5 stars 17 reviews


Voluma is not recommended to be used for the tear trough areas. You may still have some residual that will need to be dissolved. I would go back to your doctor and ask to have the rest removed.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Voluma and Side Effects

Voluma is a fantastic injection for the mid face but it is NOT meant for the area under the eyes.  It appears that you have the Tyndall effect from the product.  I would suggest you seeking a board certified dermatologist in your area.  It is possible that Vitrase can be injected to remove the residual Voluma that is still causing you problems.  Please keep us posted.  Belotero or Restylane would have been more appropriate for the area under the eyes.

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.