What is wrong with my silicone implant? Right breast (Photo)

I am two weeks post op and my nipples and breast have been more sensitive than usual. Could it be because of the skin stretching over the implants? My main problem is the implant on my right breast which is larger because more silicone was put in there seems to be protruding out of my breast a little. When I run my hands over it I can feel the implant my left breast doesn't have that problem. What is wrong with it ?

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photo.  At only two weeks post-op, you should wait a few more months before assessing a final result.  Nipple sensitivity and implant visibility can resolve itself during the next few months.  As always, please maintain an open dialogue with your operating surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

R. breast

2 weeks is early in this healing process. the increased sensitivity in the breast area and the nipples is not unusual, that will get better with time. the protrusion of the R. breast implant may self correct. if it does not it can be fixed by your PS.

What is Wrong with implant?

Thank you for your question and sharing your  photo. At two weeks post op. you are very early. It will require at least 2-3 months in order to judge the result of your surgery and the absence of any major complication.Follow up closely with your plastic surgeon. Good Luck

What is wrong with my silicone implant?

Unfortunately, from your photo, it is difficult to say why your right breast implant is more sensitive.  However, your right breast does appear somewhat red and this could be an early sign of an infection.  Let your surgeon know about this as soon as possible. I would suggest you make an appointment with your surgeon so you can be examined.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

What is wrong with my silicone implant? Right breast

It will require at least 2-3 months in order to judge the result of your surgery n the absence of any major complication. Give it more time. You may have on the breast that you show- a possible double bubble which may resolve in time. The photos isn't clear enough to say for sure. Follow up with your Board  Certified PS for any further comments

At INLY 2 weeks post you are still in very early stages of healing. Best to have very close follow up with your surgeon....

Your first issue is nothing to worry about. It is altered sensitivity from the procedure and should resolve over a few weeks. Your second issue related to the shape will probably improve as your breast continue to settle. Continue to followup with your surgeon.

Thank you for your question and photograph.  After two weeks your breasts will continue to undergo significant changes in shape as your skin accommodates to the implants.  This is likely the cause of your hyper sensitive nipples.  As far as the protruding implant, I would definitely voice your concerns with your surgeon, but this too will change as the soft tissues settle.  Your final results will not be evident for possibly 6 months, so I know its hard, but hang in there!  

2 weeks post op

Thanks for your question,  Temporary nipple hypersensitivity is not uncommon after breast augmentation.  This almost always resolves, but may take several weeks to do so.  At 2 weeks, you still have significant swelling and the implants need to settle.  What you see know isn't what you will get a few months from now. Have patience but be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best Regards.

Hypersensitivity after augmentation

It's very common to have temporary changes in sensation after breast augmentation. It can take up to a year to regain Sensation but hypersensitivity usually resolves after 6-8 weeks in my patients. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Best of luck.