How do I get rid of the bags and wrinkles under my eyes? (Photo)

one day out of the month my eyes may look normal but then they swell up tend I have huge bags and then if they're not swollen the wrinkles show. I inherited them along with allergies. I work 12 hour days cleaning houses and I am under a lot of stress and do not get a lot of sleep.

It's very difficult to evaluate your lower lids because your photo is so washed out. However, you do have an extraordinary amount of skin in your upper lids, particularly for you age. Since it may be allergies, you may be allergic to some of the cleaning solutions you use when cleaning offices. An allergist would be a good idea.

For your upper lies, I would consider seeing a PS for an evaluation for an upper lid lift (blepharoplasty). This can be done under local anesthesia, and the recovery time is not too bad--about a week or less. before you can get back into your routine.

Under eye bags

A couple issues.  As far as allergies and not getting enough rest - well surgery certainly won't fix that. Try and see an allergist or even your primary care physician to control your allergies as much as possible.  As far as rest - I don't need to tell you about the health benefits involved with a good night's rest.  

In regards to the bags and wrinkling of your skin, as has been discussed previously a blepharoplasty that addresses both the puffiness as well as the skin to improve the wrinkling would be needed.  Depending on a number of variables you may be better suited for differing techniques which your PS can go over with you.  Also, resurfacing of the lower lids may be beneficial to polish the wrinkles away.  Again this can be discussed during your consultation.  Regardless, this is something that you can easily take care of.  Best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

How do I get rid of the bags and wrinkles under my eyes?

Currently, the best, longest-lasting way to correct under eye bags is with blepharoplasty surgery. Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Surgery

Based on the photos you submitted, you likely need surgery (blepharoplasty). Surgery would reduce the puffiness of your lower eyelids and remove the excess skin also. Periodic swelling may be allergy related, but it looks like at baseline you have sustained swelling caused by orbital fat. That will be helped with surgery.

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

You need surgery

Eyelid bags and loose skin require surgery.  Surgery does not fix allergy related issues. Thus periodic swelling does not go away.  However major problem of bags and excess skin goes away. Also get more rest. It is good for you.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Hoods, bags and wrinkles..

Thank you for sharing your question and posting your photo. Your problem requires blepharoplasty to remove extra fat in the eyelids and to tighten the skin. Sometimes, laser skin resurfacing is performed at the same time to enhance results. See an experienced eyelid surgeon for comprehensive evaluation and discussion of treatment options.
Good luck,

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

I suggest a combination approach with lasers, fillers,skin care and microneedling/PRP however surgery is always an option. Please seek an expert for a consultation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lower lids

Not a great picture for us to comment on due to shadows and not a close up.  However it looks like you would benefit from a lower eyelid blepharoplasty.   The fat can be repositioned into the tear trough and excess skin excised.  You may want to consider an upper eyelid and/or browlift as well as those look very hooded.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for eyelid evaluation.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon