Will my eyes ever look normal? (Photo)

I had surgery on my asian eyelids to create an eyelid crease on both eyes over a month ago on June 4th. Theres still a lot of discoloration on both my eyelids as they appear a lot darker than the rest of my face. While my left eye is healing pretty well, my right eye looks terrible. Is the fold too high up so that my eye can't properly close? So much of my lashline is showing and it seems to be turned outwards. Will I need revision surgery and if so, how soon can i have it?

Asymmetric healing after Asian eyelid surgery

I know it can be frustrating and worrisome but it is true the healing process is often asymmetric. In your particular case it will still be several weeks or months before you can really tell what you have regarding your results. The eyelashes on the right and left side are everted or sticking up and the white edge of the eyelid is showing as well. All of these things will continue to get better with time but it's too early to tell whether or not you will get a result you're looking for. For sure as the weeks and months go by. Be very patient and follow up closely with his surgeon.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after blepharoplasty

Hello,Thank you for your question and providing a picture to reference. You mentioned that the procedure was performed on June 4th, so it's still quite recent. Often times, the swelling may not be symmetrical during the healing process. This is understandably quite frustrating, but I would wait for a revision revision procedure until at least 6 months have passed. The tissues need time to adequately settle and swelling to subside. Over the next few months, you should hopefully notice a gradual decrease in swelling and an evening out of the symmetry. As the swelling goes down, the lid won't have that same pressure that is pushing it out. Best of luck to you.

Asymmetric swelling of eyelids 1 month after blepharoplasty

Hello niguerletta, thank you for sharing your concerns.  Even though it seems like eternity to you, 1 month out of eyelid surgery is still relatively early.  Most eyelids do not heal symmetrically on both sides initially and it's frustrating for patients.  However, once the swelling goes down, the upturning of the eyelids will be much less severe and the eyelids should appear more symmetrical over the next 2 months.  I do not recommend getting revision surgery until 6 months after the initial surgery.  Best wishes!
Goretti H. Taghva MD

Goretti Ho Taghva, MD