Can CoolSculpting get rid of my love handles if liposuction didn't? Second opinion needed! (Photo)

I had Smartlipo done on my love handles 4 months ago. I wanted to remove the bulges completely. My surgeon thought it was possible w/ lipo because I'm 24 & my skin would tighten. I think he misjudged my skin elasticity. It hasn't been a full 6 months since my procedure but he said this is as good as it will get & suggested we try CoolSculpting. I'm not sure how that will help. If you get rid of more fat doesn't it leave more loose skin? What would be the most effective way to get rid of the bulges?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
you seem to be a great candidate for coolscutpling 
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting for Love Handles

Coolsculpting is a wonderful non-surgical that can freeze those bulges in the love handles.  Please consult a board certified physician to determine if you are a candidate but it appears so it in the photo.  Let us know the results of your treatment!

Coolsculpting for love handles

Thank you for your question.  To determine whether Coolsculpting can build on your result, it would depend on whether there is enough pinchable fat that can be reduced and whether this will influence your shape.  A physical exam should be able to help determine this.  If your hip bones are contributing a lot to the shape, then this may temper the degree of change with additional fat reduction.
In addition, your decision to look for Coolsculpting or repeat liposuction should factor in the provider of services.  I would recommend going to a board certified plastic surgeon who offers both these services as they would be able to provide you with an informed consultation of your options.

Coolsculpting after lipo

In short, the answer is yes!  We do it all the time here.  As long as there is fat there, CS can rid it.  If it is just loose skin, however, you will need a skin-tightening treatment or procedure. XO

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting or Tumescent Liposuction can be done to remove more fat after liposuction on love handles was done for fat removal

It is very rare for young people's skin not to retract unless it is very ruined by prior large distention such as pregnancy, and if there are a lot of stretch marks. Good quality skin retracts well especially at young ages and if not enough fat was removed with a liposuction procedure ( fat must be removed not just heated by a laser) then more may be done whether by liposuction again or coolsculpting freezing without removal of fat.  One important variable is to see how much supranatant fat was removed from the original liposuction ( the amount of fat in the removed material without the liquid anesethetic)

CoolSculpting can provide wonderful results, sometimes with more than one treatment and often with only one treatment. With any procedure risks exist so discuss this with the physician who examines you.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Vaser Hi Definition Shaping

There is no reason why liposuction shouldn't work on you.  you are a great candidate for hi definition shaping, you just need to go to a physician who is trained in sculpting and doing more superficial liposuction work.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction

• Hello, and thank you for your question. My own personal opinion is that we had obtained better results with liposuction. We do offer sculpting and it may provide some improvement. I have tried all of the various liposuction devices but we have been utilizing vaser liposuction for the past 10 years with excellent results. Best of luck with your decision.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting The Love Handles

Hi Marina, thanks for the pictures. You have well defined bulges of fat in your love handles and would be a suitable candidate for the CoolSculpting procedure. With each treatment you can expect a 20-25% reduction in the amount of fat, so you will probably need more than 1 treatment to achieve your goals. In someone your age it will not result in loose skin and may actually tighten your skin a little bit. Best of luck to you.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Excellent candidate for Coolsculpting or Vanquish

With Coolsculpting you will need several cycles. Maybe about 8 or so to get to where you want to be. Vanquish is better at treating larger areas of fat at the same time. Laser lipo is best for small areas of fat reduction. You needed traditional lipo for greater fat removal with perhaps laser at the end. You are in my area, give us a call.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

You are a coolsculpting candidate! Freeze it away!

Coolsculpting is the first fat-removal device that offers some impressive results.  I like the way coolsculpting creates a natural inflammatory process that slowly and subtly gets rid of fat.  I see subtle skin tightening in the areas treated as well, even in people with less elasticity.  You could definitely treat your love handles with liposuction, but you may find coolsculpting less expensive on your pocketbook and leaves you without scars or downtime.

Michael Howard Swann, MD
Springfield Dermatologic Surgeon