Concerned about my recommended implant size? (photo)

My doctor recommended 425cc R/450cc L silicone, under muscle. I'm 5'4", 117lbs, currently 32A. I wanted a C, natural look. I'm worried this size might be too big or am I just being paranoid? The 3D model didn't look too big but I'm still curious!

Size

I would suggest going back to your surgeon and ask to try on that size. There you can feel the weight and see what that size looks like on you. You might also request to try on smaller sizes as well.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

unfortunatly there is no frontal picture of your breast. 

During your consultation I like to find out your goals(i.e. What cup size  you would like to be ).
Its important to measure the width of your breast to determine which implant you need. There are four different profiles of round silicone implants. They are moderate, moderate classic, high and ultra high profiles.

I like to to use breast sizers that are made specifically to try out before surgery . Mentor has a good set. The patient puts on a bra and she can place various sizes over her breast . She then looks in a mirror to see which size she likes the best.

During surgery I like to use intraopereratve breast implant sizers to confirm the size. 

I use use the bloodless breast technique which I invented. Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery, and recovery is a lot quicker versus traditional technique .

I hope you find this information useful. For more information please watch the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Implants size, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Concerned about my recommended implant size?

• Thank you for the question.
  • Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
  • Given your concerns/questions, I would suggest that you spend additional time with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the day of surgery discussing these concerns/questions. Make sure that you are both the same page when it comes to goals and expectations. 
  • Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
  • 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
  • 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
  • In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
  • Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
  • 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
  • I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. Though nothing replaces an in-person examination at your height and weight 425/450 will likely leave you larger than you'd desire and I would recommend trying on the appropriate sizers in your surgeon's practice to have a better idea as to the size and appearance your breasts would take on.  Hope this helps.