I Despise my Looks, What Shall I Do? (photo)

Age 22. The following issues that I have a problem with: * I have a long face and when I relax my jaw, my mouth opens. Im also a mouth breather, does that mean I have Long Face Syndrome? * No chin as side view shows, do I need a chin implant? * Teeth, unequal midline and top front teeth make me look like a rabbit? * Unequal face symmetry and need cheek implants? I apologize if this makes me sound crazy, but I feel so ugly. I look in the mirror and feel like crying.

Doctor Answers 3

I Despise my Looks, What Shall I Do?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 First let me say that I'm sorry that you feel that way about your appearance.  Aesthetically, the face appears elongated because the cheeks are very flat.  Cheek Augmentation with Cheek Implants can give the face more angularity and a ruggedly handsome appearance.  The chin is quite weak and can be augmented with a Chin Implant.  I would suggest starting with these two procedures as they are the more important aesthetic aspects from the photos submitted IMHO.  Hope this helps.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Long face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Though a chin implant would improve your profile, it would not solve all the issues that you are expressing...I would agree that some counseling would be a wiser investment and be helpful to address some of these prior to embarking on any surgery.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Long face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I do not see any of the issues you mentioned. Your strong negative body immage feelings is overwhelming.

There are deeper issues. You may need a psychiatic help to help you with all these issues.

Samir Shureih, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.