Desperate: extreme swelling and grueling pain 16 days post breast reduction surgery? (photo)

41yo CFF/Fibromyalgia patient with100EE size breasts. 14 days breast reduction post-op. Couldn't loos as much weight as expected; doctor performed a light liposuction in the side of my breasts. Drains removed after 24hrs. Shape is fine but now I have huge rolls and swelling under my armpits and sides. Stitches busted open and there is leakage. The pain is still agonizing (even clothes hurt); swelling is increasing. Is this normal? Will swelling decrease? Do I need drains to be inserted again?

Healing Concerns Following a Breast Reduction

Some discomfort, swelling and discoloration of the #breasts are to be expected for several weeks. The scars at the incision lines typically become reddish and a few weeks after surgery are raised and firm. After a number of months they become pale and soft. After 8-12 months, the scars are relatively inconspicuous. The #nipples and some areas of the skin may be numb or sensitive after surgery. Sensation may return within a few weeks or months, but may be diminished or overly sensitive.
If you have severe redness, swelling, drainage or odor, it is important to call the office and speak with the doctor or medical staff. You may need to be seen in the office and evaluated. If the wound becomes separated or you develop a small opening, this again should be evaluated so that appropriate steps can be taken as soon as possible.

Desperate: extreme swelling and grueling pain 16 days post breast reduction surgery?

I am sorry to hear about the significant discomfort your experiencing after breast reduction surgery. Unfortunately, online consultants, despite best intentions, will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice and/or reassurance. Only your plastic surgeon, preferably after in person evaluation, will be able to do so.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Pain after reduction 16 days ago

I think that if you have severe pain and drainage, you still may have fluid or even blood in there. It is best to be seen in person by your doctor to make sure you are not developing a problem.