I'm desperate, must ask....Does anyone do breast augmentation pro bono? (photo)

I'm 44 years old..I have raised my four children, nursed all 4 until their first birthday....My breast now have no density whatsoever, because of that, the stretch marks make them look wrinkled.....Not meaning to be vain, just want to be truly loved and looked on as someone beautiful...please can someone help me? Please?

Does anyone do breast augmentation pro bono?

Thank you for the question. What patients may not realize is how much “overhead” is associated with performing good quality and safe elective plastic surgery. In other words, there are significant expenses, outside of surgeons fees, associated with these types of operations. Therefore, it will be unlikely that “pro bono” elective plastic surgery will be available to you.

Plastic surgeons offices can point you in the right correction when it comes to “credit” companies that work with patients seeking surgery.Although I understand your desire to have the procedure performed  soon, it is always in patients' best interest to achieve a certain degree of financial stability prior to undergoing elective surgery of any type. Patients should also keep in mind that additional surgery may be necessary in the short or long term, following the primary procedure that is being performed; this additional surgery may be associated out-of-pocket expenses. Again, best to achieve a physical, emotional and financial “stable state” prior to considering elective plastic surgery. 

You may find the attached link, dedicated to  breast augmentation surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Free Breast Aug?

Ummm, no. I do not know any surgeon that does pro bono breast augmentations. You must know that the total costs include, operating room fees, anesthesiologist fees and implants, not jus the surgeon's fee. Best of luck to you.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Free Breast Augmentation

Thank you for submitting your photos. There are numerous costs associated with breast augmentation surgery apart from the surgeon's fee--cost of the implants, anesthesiology fees, O.R. time, etc. Many Plastic Surgeons have financing plans available but I'm afraid you won't find anyone to perform the surgery at no cost. You may try to go through a university's residency program to get a lower price. My greater concern is that you have the unrealistic expectation that having this plastic surgery will make you feel more "loved" and that you are "desperate." I would recommend counseling to address these issues before proceeding with surgery. Good luck to you.

Mark Deutsch, MD

I'm desperate, must ask....Does anyone do breast augmentation pro bono?

So even if the surgeon forgoes their service fees, what about the implant costs, supplies, medications, anesthesia fees. Should the surgeon pay for those for you? There is a site called, "Free Implants.com" 

Free surgery for breast augmentation

Free surgery is unlikely but university services do have discounted costs.  You might try the plastic surgery clinics at UCSF and Stanford and see what can be worked out.  My Best,  Dr C

It costs a surgeon quite a bit of money to perform the surgery. We have to build, equip and maintain a highly technical facility and pay our staff as well. You are asking for a free surgery that in no way impacts your health and is done simply for your enjoyment. You need to start a savings program if you are interested in having the procedure. Btw, people are beautiful for who they are, what they do for others, and how they behave, not because of their breast size.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Residency program is your best bet

Thanks for your question. You should contact a Plastic Surgery residency program that is affilitated with a medical school close to you. They often have programs that allow the surgery to be done for less. It is not however free. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD