Tummy tuck or laser skin tightening treatments? (photos)

I'm 19 years old. I had my son at 17 years old, he was a very big baby. (9 pounds) I was always very skinny and petite. After having my baby my stomache stretched very bad, now I have loose skin hanging over my belly button. My belly button even stretched really bad. I also, have had a surgery done for umbilical hernia after having my baby What would be some good options for me? Any answers would be much appreciated! I added some before and after pictures.

Tummy Tuck Consultation

When you have decided that you've finished having children, I'd recommend booing a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss Abdominoplasty options. Lasers and other treatments to tighten skin have not proven consistently effective or worthwhile in my opinion.

All the best

Tummy tuck or laser

If you are considering having more children, then you should wait on a tummy tuck. I have not been impressed with any of the skin tightening lasers that are out there.

Tummy tuck or laser skin tightening treatments?

If you are planning on more children, may be better to wait in the tummy tuck. Some laser and energy treatments MAY help, but hard to say. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for the photos and from them without an examination, you appear to be a candidate for an abdominoplasty after weight loss.  So see some experts in your area and be evaluated 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Loose skin

It appears that you would benefit from some skin removal and muscle tightening with either a modified or full abdominoplasty. I recommend a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to help you out 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

no form of nonsurgical skin tightening such as laser or radiofrequency will be adequate to tighten your tummy skin.  You do have a small umbilical hernia which will need to be repaired.  I cannot tell from the photo you provided how much loose skin you have but to improve the folds of skin around the belly button he will need a full abdominoplasty which means removing all the skin from the umbilicus down.

The more weight that you can lose preop the looser your abdominal skin will be and we will help make a full tummy tuck possible A side view photograph of your tummy showing overhang at the waist would be helpful.  Please consult at least 2 board-certified plastic surgeons.  For more information please read the link below:

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  You need a full tummy tuck procedure for removal of the excess skin, tightening of your abdominal wall muscles, and repair of a possible small umbilical hernia.  To be sure, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Tummy tuck or laser procedure

You are a candidate for abdominoplasty and most definitely need work to restore the appearance of the umbilicus. Laser skin tightening would not produce virtually any improvement and is a waste of money.  If you are planning more children, then it is advisable to wait until childbearing is over before having surgery. Obviously, at age 19, this is a frustrating situation given the cost of the procedure.

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!