What can be done to make my nose more attractive? (Photos)

I'm far from happy with my current nose shape and was wondering what could be done to make it more appealing. I've added a picture of blake lively on the side to show the type of nose shape i want. She also had rhinoplasty done on her nose, her previous nose had a similar shape to mine and i was hoping for an outcome as beautiful as her.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important when looking for a plastic surgeon for Rhinoplasty to find one who is board certified and specializes in Rhinoplasty to obtain the best results possible.  To fully evaluate your nose, I would recommend you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and have a full facial and nasal examination performed.  However, from what I can tell, it appears your tip is enlarged and bulbous. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and smaller in size and give you that sharper appearing nose. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

There are a number of things that can be done to improve your nose.The photo is not adequate to allow a detailed discussion. computer imaging would be useful so you can gain an understanding what would be obtainable in your case. Comparisons  to celebrity photos are not useful.

Rhinoplasty

While I feel confident that the shape of your nose can be improved through a rhinoplasty procedure, it is essential to see an experienced surgeon that can evaluate your specific structure and set expectations for what can be accomplished. There are many factors that determine the outcome and improvement that can be achieved. This includes the thickness of the skin, the projection of the tip of your nose, and the shape and size of the nasal bones. I would schedule a consultation with an experienced Plastic Surgeon with an expertise in rhinoplasty and would also recommend computer imaging so that you can see the potential outcome and ensure that it is in line with your expectations. 

Bryan W. Rubach, MD
Naperville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

You will need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  One photos does not help too much. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

More appealing nose

Thanks for the question.  An analysis of the nose really requires full face views in order to determine the effects of your nose on your overall facial symmetry.  The isolated view you have provided really limits the ability to make any recommendations.  I recommend consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine your options.

What can be done to make my nose more attractive?

The nose is a three-dimensional structure, therefore a full set of photographs are required to make a determination about what may be needed to improve the shape of the nose. Thick skin in the tip of the nose will be a significant impediment to seeing refinement in that area, therefore a physical examination is also required to determine the thickness of  the skin. To narrow the wide bridgeline requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones. To narrow wide tip cartilages require suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal of the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip. To narrow wide nostrils requires an alar-plasty. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

The information you provided is limited but it look like you have a full tip which can be improved with a rhinoplasty. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Rather than trying to look like someone else,  it is important understand what can and cannot be accomplished with your nose in order to be in harmony with your other facial features.

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon