Should I wait to get a consult for body contouring for rough idea of price until I'm closer to my goal? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 8
Post massive weight loss body contouring
Surgical Cost Estimates Depend on What you Want Done.
What are your top 3 concerns? You will need to prioritize what you want done. Usually, fitting in clothes is a big one. If that is the case you want to focus on your core. Do you have an idea of what you are trying to achieve?
Massive weight loss consultation
Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on you successful weight loss journey! I often have patients come in for a consultation prior to reaching their ideal weight so that we can put together a plan, and often this step is very motivating for the patient to keep going on their journey. It would not be a waste of time to get to know your surgeon and create a comfortable atmosphere for yourself, in asking all your questions and connecting with your surgeon. Good luck!
You might also like...
Timing of consultation post weight loss
Congratulation on your weight loss! That is an incredible accomplishment. A consultation at this time can give you an idea of what your surgeon will recommend for you and also give you a general idea of fees. The consultation process can be very motivating. Many of our patients feel inspired to continue with their weight loss after this appointment. Of course depending on how much additional weight you lose things could change slightly. You could return to your surgeon for a second consultation as you get closer to your ideal weight.
Timing of consult
Thank you for your question and photo. Congratulations on your successful weight loss. I do not think it would be a waste of time at this point. An in-person exam will give your surgeon an idea of what procedures are needed and then you can get price quotes so you can plan ahead financially. Good luck.
Still Losing Weight, When Should I See Plastic Surgeon about Body Contouring?
- Fabulous job on losing all that weight!
- It is not too early to see a plastic surgeon to be evaluated for body contouring procedures that you may desire as a result of your weight loss.
- At your consultation you should find out a lot about the procedures including: descriptions of the operations, a discussion about possible complications, what is involved with recovery, and the cost for each procedure. Additionally, it's always nice to see some before and after photos to get an idea about what you might expect for results.
- Thanks for sharing!
Planning surgery after major weight loss
- Congratulations on your weight loss - that is a marvelous achievement.
- I think you are wise to have the consultation now -
- First, you can decide if this is the right surgeon for you -
- Second you can get a reasonable idea of the cost
- Once you are at your final weight, you can return for an update to make final plans.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.