What causes the breasts to look like this? They look like they're just sitting on her chest (Photo)

She is very thin and it is possible that these implants are above the muscle rather than under the muscle. If they are placed under the muscle they do tend to have a more natural look in thin patients.

Breast Augmentation: Information

Dear Ms. Lanisha91.

Thank you for your information and questions.
1) push up bra
2) capsular contracture
3) overfilling a normal saline implant
4) larger implant in a small pocket

I recommend that you make several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally they are members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you my best and success,
R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

What causes the breasts to look like this? They look like they're just sitting on her chest

That can occur from using an implant that is tool larger for her frame or the development of capsular contracture, making her breast look unnaturally round

Julio Garcia, MD

Full Breasts

This person appears to be wearing a push up bra. The breasts are more likely to appear rounded and full in the upper poles with full projection implants, however your anatomy to begin with will also affect the look. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss your options.

All the best

Unusual look post aug

This is probably due to the fact there are large implants and her soft tissue coverage is minimal and this accentuates the outline of the implant and then if they get hard this makes matters worse.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You must take into consideration the person in the picture is probably wearing a push up bra making her breast appear to be sitting high. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Large high profile implant in tight breast pocket

The appearance of breast implants rigidly positioned on a chest is often the result of high profile implants, often saline implants overfilled, placed in a tight breast pocket often in someone who has little breast tissue.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD