Who to See for Juvederm Filler?

Who should I see to get Juvederm filler injections: a dermatologist or a cosmetic surgeon? I really want to have this done but I'm unsure who to see.

Doctor Answers 2

Juvederm filler

A juvederm filler injection shold be done by one of several core physicians, like a plastic surgeon, a dermatologist, an oculoplastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Juvederm Filler

Whether you see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, it is more important who that individual is, their technique, artistry, judgment. Both specialties are generally well suited and trained to perform injectable cosmetic procedures. You may want to check with your friends for a recommendation. Even after a cosmetic consultation, if you are not comfortable with what your doctor has to say, you are not obligated to have any procedures performed, you should not feel pressured to do so and can always seek a second opinion.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.