Dermal Fillers and Botox: Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist?

Since these treatments are not surgery, a dermatologist who only treats the skin would be more specialized at these kinds of treatment. Who wants a plastic surgeon concerned with tummy tucks and breast lifts injecting my face? But, I hear that a plastic surgeon would be better since he/she would be better trained in anatomy of the face, blood vessels, muscle, etc. I move a lot internationally. Each new city means I need to find a new doc. How to choose?

Fillers and doctor

I think that either a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon can inject fillers or botox.  As a plastic surgeon, I know when my filler injections do not give me the complete natural result. I might offer surgery to compliment the fillers in some cases to avoid the marshmallow face look of too much filler overcompensating for laxity.

Fillers and doctor

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}