Can a Dermal Filler Be Used to Fill the Tissue Loss from a Mole Removal?

where eyeglasses touch the bridge of a persons nose? great sensitivity now.

Doctor Answers 2

Dermal fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A dermal filler is a good choice to lift indentations. I would personally avoid permanent products like silicone.  I have seen numerous problems iwih granulomas and inflammatory responses from it.

Injectable fillers may improve a depressed scar after mole removal.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A photo would be helpful, but in general, a soft-tissue indentation following mole removal may benefit from a carefully performed Injectable Filler treatment. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 430 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.