Fillers for Atrophic Scar on Chin?

I have developed an atrophic scar from a corticosteroid injection. While I am waiting for it to resolve, is there a temporary dermal filler (like collagen) that I can use without risking the healing process?

Doctor Answers 1

A filler would help alot

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think juvederm or radiesse would work well. Not too much collagen being used these days as allergic reactions to it were often delayed. I am not sure what your injection was being done for but that might play a role in your doctors selection of dermal filler. Good luck to you. I predict that you will do very well.

Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.