Would Botox injection help this crease or dimple when I smile after 9 week chin implant? (photos)

it seems to be muscle movemet complication from chin implant

Botox and Chin Muscle

Botox does help soften the chin but should be used in very small amounts.  I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for chin dimpling

Hello! 

Thank you for your question, and for sharing your picture. It is difficult to tell if Botox will help with the dimple you are experiencing. To tell if Botox will help, it is very useful to watch while a patient moves their muscles and see if the dimple is a direct result of that movement, or if it is related to the shape/swelling in the tissue (in which case filler may be a better option). I agree with the other responses - an in-person consultation will be most useful to you. Good luck and I hope that helps!

Botox for mentalis

Botox is a great treatment for chin dimpling.  However you might have some swelling and are still recovering from your chin implant.  I would wait and get the go ahead from your plastic surgeon.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Chin dimple

Botox may be able to treat this chin dimple. A personal exam would be necessary to make sure.
Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Plastic SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dimple in chin after chin implant

Chin dimpling can occasionally be treated with botox or fillers depending on the cause and the degree.  It the implant was placed relatively recently, this may be a result of swelling still present.  An in-person consultation would be a better approach.  Either return to your treating physician or seek out an expert in facial aesthetics.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Would Botox injection help this crease or dimple when I smile?

Thank you for  your question.  No online reviewer can diagnose or make treatment recommendations without a complete history and examination.  It would be difficult to say, if the crease is caused by muscle movement maybe, if it is caused by scar tissue or malposition of the implant then less likely.   The best option is to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in fillers and botox.  They would be able to make an assessment and accurate treatment recommendations.  Good luck. 

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Botox in the chin

Thank you for your question 1820Hwy278. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. In the lower face a small amount of Botox can be placed in the chin to address the dimpling seen with expression. I tell my patients that if dimpling is seen with expression, then Botox will address the dimpling. If the dimple is seen at rest and not exacerbated or deepened with expression, I tell my patients that Botox will unlikely address the dimple. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician