I have a deprivated septum and tribunates enlargement even I developed bigger upper nose? (photo)

I was hitted by ball 2 years ago. It caused deprivated sembtum. I didnot notice it until it became like the photo. I tried many medications (afrin, nose splint, pills for congestion). They just let me breath from my nose normally but I still have DS and TE. I went to plastic surgeon. He looks at my nose and prescribe steroid pill to calm the swellen. I am really not sure if I can take them. Any advice. Who preforms this kind of surgery if I want to have. I look hideous. Please help.

Doctor Answers 3

ENT/ facial plastic surgeon to perform deviated septum and turbinate surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you're looking to simply have your deviated septum repaired along with turbinate surgery an ENT/ facial plastic surgeon is your best bet. Any straightening of the outside of the nose could also be performed in the same surgeon

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 158 reviews

I have a deprivated septum and tribunates enlargement even I developed bigger upper nose?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Seek additional IN PERSON opinions from both PSs and ENTs to determine the operative course of action.//

Deviated septum leads to breathing obstruction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear meteb8,

You do not look hideous. Yes, you have some crookedness to your nose that can be fixed. You need to be seen by a plastic surgeon or ENT that can evaluate you and see what is happening with the septum. The main thing to consider is the problems with your breathing that a crooked septum gives you.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.