Voluma for eye bags? (Photo)

Would Voluma be a good option for my eye bags?

Voluma is not for eye bags

A common mistake is that patients think that all under eye bags can be treated with filers. Smaller bags can be camouflaged with fillers such as Restylane and Belotero. If there really are large bags then the best treatment is surgical.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma for eye bags?

I recall seeing an earlier question with your photo regarding surgery or fillers. Either is a reasonable option for you though I still think surgery will give you the best result. Regarding fillers, Voluma should NOT be placed in the undereye area and is not a good option there. A filler such as Restylane or Belotero will work. At this point you would be best served by an in person consultation. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for Eye Bags?

In my experience Voluma unlike other Juvederm products does not swell therefore I have used Voluma to supplement the cheeks and lower eyelid depressions. In regard to your photograph it appears that you have bulging lower eyelid fat and a "tear trough" depression. I would probably recommend a surgical fat transposition to fill in the "tear trough" rather than remove lower eyelid fat.

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Voluma for lower lid bags

Based on just the photo you supplied I would lean more towards removing the lower lid fat with lower eyelid surgery. Augmenting the cheek volume is an additional way of rejuvination to the lower lid and cheek area and would be complimentary, but not dealing with the prominent fat could be missing the mark. Not every patient is a good candidate for surgery so a consultation to explore your options and have a detailed exam is essential. 

Belotero or Restylane for eye bags and tear troughs

I would recommend Belotero or Restylane for the tear troughs. Voluma could be used in this region by an experienced injector, however, there is a higher risk of lumpiness given the thin skin in this area and for this reason I prefer Belotero in most cases.

Voluma for eye bags?

Thank you for sharing your photograph and question.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination I would first recommend a lower eyelid lift.  A small incision can be performed on the inside of each eyelid and the three separate compartments of fat that make up the eye bags can be removed to offer a more permanent solution.  If surgery is not an option for you several of the hyaluronic acid fillers can be used in the lower eyelid region, such as Restylane.  Hope this helps.

Voluma not for eye bags

No. Voluma is not a good choice for the eyes. While a thinner filler such as Belotero or Restylane may help to fill in the hollows under the eyes, filler is not an ideal treatment for eye bags. In general, they need to be removed surgically. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for eye bags?

Undereye "bags" are caused by genetically pre-disposed undereye fat pads (that everyone has) protruding as we age. The current best treatment remains surgical excision of the fat pads. Occasionally, the appearance of the fat pads is minimized (not removed) by injecting filler in the indentation below the fat pad. In that case, Belotero® or Restylane® are considered currently to be the best fillers for that area.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Under Eye Area

Thank you for your question and photo. The under eye area can be treated non-surgically with hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, like Restylane or Juvederm. In some cases surgical procedures are best for optimal results. Generally, Voluma is used to treat areas like the midface and cheeks. I recommend an in-person consultation with an experienced licensed provider to help develop a treatment plan to address your concern.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bags under Eyes

I find that sometimes filling the cheeks with volume helps minimize the appearance of the bags.  It is not injected into the bag depression but rather into the cheeks.  If there is still some depression then belotero or restylane can be injected in the tear trough.  

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist