TT surgical glue.

I am allergic to surgical glue and I'm getting a TY soon, is there something else beside the glue that can be used?

Allergy to surgical glue

Skin or tissue glue as not necessary with surgery and could easily be avoided. Just let your surgeon know what type of allergic reactions you have had in the past so you can avoid future problems. 

Best of luck with your TT!

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Surgical glue not necessary with tummy tuck

There are two types of glue that could be used: one is internal to stick the flap down, the other is on the skin to cover the incision or to help tapes stay in place. The internal glue is not commonly used so it would be easy to avoid in the case of allergy, and with the skin adhesive there are plenty of alternatives. 

Richard Baxter, MD

TT surgical glue.

For your information I personally never have used skin glue on my tummy tuck incisions.  Obviously it is unnecessary and only elective.  I did try the use of fibrin glue internally but found this did not obviate the need for drains and nowadays use drains and quilting stitches anyway.  If you are talking about skin glue it can easily be avoided. Regards and good luck.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

TT surgical glue.

We see that allergy in patients every so often and it can be a bad reaction. All surgeons are used to taking care of patients with the allergy so just be sure to inform your surgeon and you won't have any problems. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Glue/adhesive allergy

Thanks for your inquiry and definitely we can and do avoid glue in patient sensitive to it.  I would use just ointment and dry dressings if a patient has such allergies.  Good Luck.  

Tummy Tuck and surgical glue

This is a question for your plastic surgeon. You should disclose all allergies to your surgeon so that he/she can best address them. If you haven't yet had a consultation, I suggest you make an appointment for a consultation and exam with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon