My inner thighs are 30 inches each. Is it possible for me to lose it by exercise or should I go for liposuction? (Photo)

My inner thighs are 30 inches each. Is it possible for me to lose it by exercise or should I go for liposuction?

Thank you so much for your question.  If it is obvious that you are overweight undergoing surgery is ill advised until you get to a healthier more maintainable weight.  Meet with a board-certified liposuction specialist to be evaluated and for best advice.  Options would include diet and exercise, liposuction or nonsurgical fat reduction such as with the iLipoXcell or other devices.  Liposuction could be performed under local anesthesia but you would be best off having a BMI of under 30 with a regular exercise regimen and healthy diet before proceeding.  Best wishes and good luck. Enjoy the video above for useful information.

Exercise versus liposuction

You cannot change your fat distribution by exercise, diet or any other technique other than changing your hormone profile(not recommended)

I encourage everyone to exercise regularly.

You can gain weight or lose weight but you will do so in your genetically predisposed fat distribution.

To remove fat from one area only liposuction is one of several modalities.

In my opinion liposuction is the gold standard in the removal of subcutaneous fat.

This technique has proven much more successful than cool sculpting or other non-surgical techniques.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Workout vs lipo

Thanks for your questions. My advice ALWAYS  is to lose as much weight as you can before you consider liposuction. It is better to lose your fat naturally plus you are becoming healthier. Good luck.

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

After Weight Loss--VASER HI DEF, ThermiRF, Ultrasound, Fat grafting for Shape and Contour

Liposuction isn't for weight loss, however it can change your thigh's shape. VASER with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting would be great to the thighs to give you more definition and contour the leg. I suggest seeing a body contouring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer. 

Who is a candidate for liposuction?

Liposuction is the removal of excess subcutaneous fat to help contour the body.  It is not a weight reduction technique and is best used on patients at or near their ideal body weight.  It should be performed when your weight is stable and you are in good health.  Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to give you the best advice when you are considering this procedure.

The photograph submitted does not allow me to offer an opinion.  If there is loose skin, sometimes the excess skin needs to be removed also.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon