What can be done for my terrible breasts? (photos)

I lost a lot of weight during my teenage years and was left with these terrible looking breasts. I have loose skin and large areola that I absolutely hate. What would you recommend? I've consulted with 3 plastic surgeons and each has a different approach- benelli lift with implants, others tell me full anchor lift. I hate the idea of an implant but would consider a small one to fill out the extra skin. I'm 5'9" and weigh 135lbs, currently wearing an A cup but don't fill those out properly.

Breast augmentation, breast lift, tubular breast, large areola

I am excited for you because I think yo can have a very nice result with reduction of your areola size and breast augmentation.  You may need a lollipop or circumvertical to help with areolar reduction, but even that will give a wonderul result.  I don't think you need a anchor lift.  Wishing you the best.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

What can be done for my terrible breasts?

First of all, don't beat yourself too much.  I don't see your breasts as terrible; I see them as having a tremendous amount of upside potential!To help you achieve this potential, I would be prepared for placement of a silicone gel implant beneath the muscle through an incision beneath the breast.  I would then lift and shape the breasts via a standard breast lift.  I would NOT use a Benelli lift as these tend to cause dilation of the areola over time.  Instead, if you need a lift I would prefer the standard Lollipop incisions.  I would then micro needle your scars (series of 6 sessions) starting about a month after surgery to help optimize their long term appearance!  I hope that helps. We would love to work with you!  

Empty breasts after teenaged weight loss.

Based on your photos I definitely would recommend modest sized implants combined with a Benelli lift to slightly raise and narrow your areolae.  You need to match your breast volume to the loose skin that you have.  It's highly likely that you'll be very happy with the improvement.  Review before and after photos and meet with at least one or two ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeons to choose the one who's best for you.  Regards, Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

What can be done for my terrible breasts

I think a breast implant with a lollipop lift should be enough to achieve a natural cosmetic look. I do not think a full anchor incision will be need with the amount of skin you have

Julio Garcia, MD

Unhappy with breasts

Don't be too hard on yourself.  There are plenty of women far worse off than you with respect to their breasts. The good news is you have a good surgical option that will provide a great result.  For sure you need an areolar reduction which will act like a periareolar breast lift with a scar only around the areola.  You do not need an anchor lift at all. This alone will dramatically improve the appearance and tone of your breasts.  Placement of a small implant will add to the improvement by providing more shape and firmness.  I hope this information is helpful and encouraging!Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS

Options to reduce loose skin and areolar size

It’s difficult to say without consulting you in person. Breast implants in isolation would correct a lot of your issues by filing the empty skin and creating a small lift. This would not correct the areolar size. To correct the areolar I would suggest a circumvertical scar mastopexy. This could be done in isolation or with implants. I would not advocate an anchor lift – not necessary and would create excessive scarring. As always, consult with a plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best of luck!

Damon Thomas, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

From your photos, it appears that a small implant with a circumareolar mastopexy would be the appropriate procedure.   I would doubt that a full anchor lift would be necessary.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

A pair of silicone implants

We strongly recommend to have a pair of round silicone gel implants in order to fill in your breasts and provide a rounder, fuller shape. We would recommend to introduce them through the areola in order to lift it  a little bit.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Based on your photos breast augmentation with implants may be all that you need.  If the size of your areola bothers you A areola reduction can be done which will also provide some lift.  There is absolutely no reason why you would need a lollipop or anchor breast lift.