Swelling 3 months after open rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Eventually will my nose look like it did right after getting my cast off (first photo)? The second photo is three months post-op and is concerning to me because I lost all upturn that I had in the tip. Is this just swelling or is it reverting back to the way it was before (third photo)?

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Discuss with our surgeon

Thanks for your question. Swelling after rhinoplasty can be a frustrating issue. The changes that you describe might be permanent. My advice is to discuss with your surgeon and see if anything needs to be done. Sometimes something as simple as massage of the swollen areas of the nose or steroid injection can make a huge difference. Good luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling 3 months after open rhinoplasty

In my opinion, it takes at least 6 months and sometimes as much as a year for the swelling to resolve after an open rhinoplasty.  You will most likely still see some changes to the appearance of your nose with more time.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon