Should I use different size implants to help w. asymmetry or leave them the same? Having revision from 440 to about 600. (photo)

I had my augmentation on July 2 and am certainly pleased with the overall improvement. I told my dr at my 6 week post op visit that I wanted to go larger and was unhappy with the asymmetry. It has improved since then but in sure it won't get much better since I was that way before. I was just hoping it would be less noticeable after. He told me that he will use different size implants if I want but said it could look worse since my creases are uneven and he won't move them. Could 50cc help?

How important is it for you go be larger?

If not, don't do anything.  You have good results and more surgery brings more risk and costs into the equation.  It would be awful if you had your increase in size and the started having issues with capsular contractures shortly thereafter.  Your breasts will continue to droop as you age and you could use that as your opportunity for upsizing and possibly having a lift at the same time.  If the increase in size is only going to bring you a little more joy, I would suggest you not do this.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breast augmentation size

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you have a nice results. It is normal to have different sized breasts.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation size

Hi,

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

Hello and thank you for your question.  You do appear to have a nice result.  It is important to remember that breasts are sisters, not twins.  If you decide to have surgery again in attempt to make them even more symmetrical, your surgeon can use a sizer to see if an extra 50cc would improve the appearance.  Do not forget that additional surgery always carries a certain amount of risk.  Also, you are likely your harshest critic in this scenario, noticing the minor differences more than anyone on a daily basis.  I would think long and hard before moving forward.  Best of luck with whatever you decide.   

Asymmetry

Brea

I think the result looks quite good. I tell my patients that some degree of asymmetry most always exists. The breast are like two sisters that live across the rail road tracks from each other, not twins. Once you add much more gel the amount that the breasts are different becomes less and less. You may then notice the size difference in the implants. I would wait at least 6 months to change them. Best of luck.

Brea

Treatment of asymmetry

I agree that your plastic surgeon gave you a very nice result and many women would be happy with this result. Asymmetry of the breasts is very common and can be addressed by using different sized implants. If you were to decide to have a revision to be larger, your plastic surgeon can use implant sizer stop see if the 50cc difference improved the appearance of asymmetry or switched the appearance of asymmetry. You need to allow your plastic surgeon to make what they feel is the correct intra-operative decision and not second guess your result. I would recommend waiting at least 6 months before undergoing revision.

I wish you well.

Dr. Edwards

Treatment of asymmetry

I wish you well.

Dr. Edwards

Breast augmentation often magnifies preop asymmetries

Everything you are concerned about was present in the preop photos as it often the case. Your surgeon did a nice jobe for you and most would leave it alone. Realize please that revisions aren't always better -- and if something really bad happened like an infection, you'd have to have that implant removed and replaced several months later and would probably never get back to your current good result.