Would going back to school couple days after Breast Augmentation be okay?

I want to get a breast augmentation on a Friday rest Saturday and Sunday then return to school that Monday. My school is from 8:30 to 4:30. I have someone to drive me and take care of my books. Do you think this would be fine seeing that I will be sitting down most of the time.

Hello and thanks for your question.
You can go back to school after a few days once you check and get OK from your plastic surgeon, but please limit your physical activities. 
Best Wishes,
Dr Sajjadian

How soon to return to school after breast augmentation

I sincerely recommend that you allow at least 4-5 days after your breast augmentation before returning to a full school day.

I have had many patients insist that they can return to even sedentary work after 2 or 3 days only to find that they were uncomfortable and had to go back home to rest.

It is tempting for plastic surgeons to minimize the discomfort, fatigue and stress related to postoperative recovery from breast augmentation.  I strongly suggest you allow at least 4-5 days of recovery before returning to school.

If you're having a sub-muscular breast augmentation with implants placed beneath the chest muscle I would recommend to give yourself at least a week to recover.

Not a good idea

You'll be rushing your recovery which is not a good idea, considering that you'll be putting yourself at risk of developing a complication. Your initial recovery, as recommended by your surgeon, should be spent at home, not at school. You can ask your surgeon for their advice, too. Perhaps they'll say it's okay but if you were my patient, I would strongly recommend you not do this.

Ronald Levine, MD

As you can imagine, every patient's recovery experience after surgery is different. Therefore, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you given that he/she knows your situation best. Generally speaking, I advise my patients who are students or wish to return to a desk job to take a minimum of 5-7 days off.

Can you go back to school 3 days after augmentation?

You certainly can but will you learn anything while sitting there in class in discomfort or on narcotics?   You will also have to find outfits that will conceal your strap if one is used post-operatively.  So the answer is yes you can but what will you get out of it besides a better attendance record?

Curtis Wong, MD

Going to school after breasts augmentation

Dear Madam,
   Rest pain after breasts augmentation, which necessitate narcotic medication for pain, last for about 2 - 3 days. During that time driving is not allowed for safety reasons. It is best to stay home during that time and 'take it easy' since you might be dizzy or nausiated from the pain medication. You might also be forced to do too much out of the house which might make you vulnerable to bleeding. After those initial few days you can drive ( slowly, so you have control of the car and evoid emergency situation ) and go to school, just make sure not to carry heavy bag or heavy books and avoid crowds where you can be pushed and fall. 2 weeks after surgery, I allow my patients light excersize and after one month back to normal. Remember that daily implants displacement  massage helps with a quicker recovery. Aways , consult with board certified plastic surgeon who operates in accredited surgery center for your safety. Check the before and after pictures  to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and you like them. Also, check the revews for positive patients experience.

Returning to work/school after breast augmentation

Most women can return to sedentary type of work in a few days after breast augmentation.  It sounds like you have worked out the details well.  As long as you are not carrying heavy books or a backpack, it is reasonable to follow through with your plan.  As far as sitting goes, I assume you will be walking around between classes and not sitting in one place for hours on end.  If this is the case, sitting shouldn't pose much of a problem.  Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Most patients are able to drive and do light activities by 1-2 days after surgery. Returning to school on Monday after a Friday surgery should not be a problem. Seek a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in cosmetic plastic surgery, as evidenced by membership in The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Ask to see many pre and post op photos and speak with previous patients.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

Most women can resume normal activities a few days after breast augmentation surgery. It is a good idea not to have anything too important immediately following surgery in case you are not feeling your best.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon