Sagging skin above upper Eyelid Lift. (photos)

Is the skin sagging over the incision normal after 6 weeks postop? The right eye incision is crooked also. Did I get a botched job on my lift?

Post-op bleph

you are still early in the healing phase - but it all looks normal.  You will often have some edema right above the suture line as this is heavier skin.  Your scar looks like it is healing well, and with your eyes open I doubt that it is very noticeable.  And that is what is most important - how you look with the eyes open.   IF at 6 months you have some extra skin it can be easily removed.    

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper Eyelid Skin , Is this a Botched Job?

I used to do a lot of eyelids and this is not the typical apperance a few weeks after surgery, however, it may settle.  My suggestion is either revision (with more skin removal) or laser/RF treatments to tighten the are and improve the scar.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with specialty in skin tightening and lasers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Postop blepharoplasty

Hello Rosemary1den-

At only six weeks postop, your eyelids are still swollen and it is difficult to assess it at this time. Give it 3-6 months for this swelling to resolve. If you are unhappy at that point in time then get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Good luck.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty postop

At six weeks postop, your lids are healing still. Please be patient. If the issues persist, have your eyes evaluated by your surgeon.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid revision

It can take a few months after a blephroplasty before you can get an idea of final results.  At this point of yoru healing process your lids look perfectly fine.  Give it time, the incisions will become barely perceptable.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon