How long do I have to wait to do a Rhinoplasty after open capsulotomy?

I had breast revision 4 months post op and I healed properly. Now I have capsular contracture on my left breast Dec 9th. I was thinking of doing rhinoplasty and now I guess I will have to wait on that. How long do I have to wait to do rhinoplasty after open capsulotomy. Btw we are doing open capsulotomy with local anesthesia.Thank u

Time Between Different Elective Surgeries

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The time #between having electoral #cosmetic surgery after a major surgery depends on the surgery. Its best to consult with the surgeon or #specialist you recently had the major surgery with to gain perspective as to when cosmetic surgery can be scheduled.

Combined procedures

Depending on the extent of the procedures, it is possible to do both procedures together or it may be more prudent to stage the procedures.  If they are staged, 3-6 months would be a standard waiting period between procedures. This is very much dependent on your surgeon and the particular details of your surgery.  Hope that helps, and have a Happy Holidays!!

Soumo Banerji, MD
Houston Physician