How soon can I have rhinoplasty after 3 months post-op breast augmentation?

No need to wait.

Provided you have recovered fully from your nose job without any complications or ongoing issues, it should be fine to proceed.

I would make a few suggestions prior to undergoing breast surgery:

#1  Make sure your plastic surgeon is a member of his or her local Plastic Surgery Society.  By doing so, you will likely be going to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has met the rigorous ethical and professional standards insisted upon by his or her local colleagues.  That endorsement from the surgeons in your community is tremendously valuable.

#2  Look for a surgeon whose practice is comprised of a lot of breast surgery.  The average surgeon only performs around 30-40 breast augmentations in a year, whereas some of us do 4-5 times that number.  Experience matters.

#3  Be sure that your surgeon is operating in a certified facility.  Not every outpatient surgical facility meets these requirements, and failure to obtain these certifications might be a red flag.

Rhinoplasty after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  If you are now 3 months post-op from your breast augmentation you should be good to schedule your rhinoplasty at anytime.  Be sure to check with your board certified plastic surgeon as they know you health history.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

You can have a rhinoplasty when it fits your schedule. Your previous surgery is not at all an issue for your nasal surgery. Seek several consultations from experienced rhinoplasty surgeons. Good luck.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. A rhinoplasty can be performed any time now.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

A rhinoplasty can be performed  at any time now, assuming that you are well healed from your breast augmentation.

I would suggest that your Plastic Surgeon be certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss you concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD, FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

3 Months Post Breast Augmentation; When Can I Have Rhinoplasty

I'm sorry you did not do both procedures at the same time. As long as the breasts have healed normally you can proceed with the rhinoplasty at any time.

How soon after rhinoplasty can i have a breast augment

Most of the time you can have both of these procedures done at the same time.  If you are having them at separate times I would recommend waiting to be completely healed from one surgery before having the other. Remember to consult with a  board certified surgeon.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after breast augmentation

A rhinoplasty procedure can be performed at any time after breast augmentation, but it's probably best wait at least a month in between surgeries and anesthesia is to allow optimum healing. Both procedures can also be performed simultaneously.

How soon after a Bam can I have a rhinoplasty?

Hi racharya,

If you have healed from your BAM, anytime is OK to have your next procedure.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Christine Rodgers

Rhinoplasty: waiting after a previous surgery

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to change the shape of the nose for breathing or appearance.

Patient ready for rhinoplasty may have had surgery in another part of their body. It's best to make sure you have fully recovered from that surgery before proceeding with your rhinoplasty. Any healing issues can affect your outcomes. I recommend coordinating with both surgeons regarding the timing for the safest outcomes. Safety comes first.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon